Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Issues Executive Order 20-80
(Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Airport Screening and Isolation)
What does this mean?
Who is affected?
- Governor DeSantis hereby directs all persons whose point of departure originates from outside the State of Florida in an area with substantial community spread, to include the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), and entering the State of Florida through airports to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person's presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter.
When does this go into effect?
- All travelers arriving from areas with substantial community spread, to include the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York) to the State of Florida through airports.
- This Order shall not apply to persons employed by the airlines and those performing military, emergency or health response.
Are there consequences for those who do not comply?
- This Order shall take effect on March 24, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. until the expiration of Executive Order 20-52 declaring a state of emergency for the entire State of Florida.
What about costs incurred for all persons?
- Any person who violates any isolation or quarantine directed by the Department of Health commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, which is punishable by imprisonment not to exceed 60 days, a fine not to exceed $500, or both. See§ 381.00315(6), Fla. Stat.
Where can I find additional information?
- All persons isolating or quarantining shall be responsible for all costs associated with that person's isolation or quarantine, including transportation, lodging, food, medical care and any other expenses to sustain the person during the period of isolation or quarantine.
What if someone does not comply with Executive Order 20-80 at MLB?
- To view Executive Order 20-80, please visit https://www.flgov.com/2020-executive-orders/.
- In the event you need assistance at MLB regarding Executive Order 20-80, please contact the Melbourne Airport Authority Police Department at 321-288-0147.